Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
While dermal filler products are commonly used to treat signs of ageing, many patients of all ages are interested in this treatment to reduce and improve the appearance of acne scars
Acne scars can be embarrassing, and many individuals have had to live with them since they were teenagers and don’t believe there is anything that can be done about them. Dermal fillers for acne scars are a possible solution. Here are 10 essential facts to understand.
Correct Acne Scarring
1. 95% of people with acne develop scarring to some degree. Most of these scars need treatment. Many patients have tried a number of creams and treatments, either over the counter or prescribed by their dermatologist, before considering dermal fillers as a semi-lasting solution.
2. Acne scarring can cause long-term emotional problems in patients such as depression, social anxiety, self-consciousness, and may become withdrawn. For most patients, dermal fillers for acne scars are not just about aesthetics. They can significantly improve the way you feel inside and out.
3. Dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid which is a clear, naturally produced substance that occurs in the body and promotes collagen. The more treatment that is received, the more collagen is produced and the less product will be required over time to achieve the same result.
4. Injectable fillers are best used for shallow, saucer shaped scarring. This type of treatment is used to fill in or plump up the area of scarring to reduce the look of and the damage of the area.
5. The most popular dermal filler brands to correct acne scarring are Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, and Radiesse. These are all brands that are approved by Health Canada and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and are recommended by highly acclaimed cosmetic surgeons in North America.
Dermal Fillers For Acne Scars
6. Dermal fillers for acne scars will last 6 to 12 months, depending on the brand that is selected for the treatment and the individual’s specific ability to break the fillers down and absorb them into the body. Some patients simply retain the fillers longer than others.
7. Fat transplant can also be used as a method for filling in acne scars as an injectable filler option. This also has a semi-lasting effect but can last longer than other dermal filler products. Fat is typically taken through a small liposuction procedure and is then prepared and re-injected into the affected area.
8. Temporary dermal fillers may not completely remove the appearance of acne scars, but the results are enjoyed by many patients who want an improvement and have realistic expectations. The level of improvement will be based on the degree of scarring and the expertise of the cosmetic surgeon. It is always best to choose a plastic surgeon who specializes in facial anatomy and has at least 5 years’ experience performing dermal filler treatments.
9. The look of the dermal filler treatment can improve over the course of a couple of months. With routine treatments, many patients report that the visibility of their scarring is significantly reduced.
10. Downtime for dermal filler is very minimal, which makes it popular for younger patients with an active lifestyle, as they can resume their normal routines within a couple of days. Most of the swelling and bruising is significantly reduced after only a couple of hours.
Dr. Cory Torgerson provides dermal filler treatments to improve the appearance of acne scars. Booking a consultation is the best way to determine whether injectable fillers are the right treatment for your particular occurrence of scarring. Dr. Torgerson’s team can be contacted anytime with questions and inquiries. They can be reached at 647-343-0207.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Teosyal – What Is It, and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Pen
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Potential Side Effects Of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.