Restylane and Restylane Fine lines are hyaluronic acid-based fillers that restore and enhance facial volume, smoothing away fine lines.
Dr. Torgerson finds the Restylane products ideal for treating lips and addressing fine lines (i.e. “smokers” lines around the lips) that form over time. Restylane injectable filler can also be used to reduce the look of crow’s-feet around the eyes. A popular choice amongst patients, Restylane-L comes with lidocaine, providing a more comfortable treatment experience. The Perlane and Restylane family of products are owned by Medicis, a division of Valeant Canada.
We invite you to experience the rewards of a welcoming environment where you can expect to be listened to, understood, and delighted with the outcome. Dr. Torgerson is here to help empower you to make the changes you desire to lead a truly beautiful life.
Frequently Asked Questions About Restylane
Who performs the Restylane injections at your Toronto Facial Cosmetic Clinic?
Dr. Cory Torgerson is passionate about injectable filler, so he is the only individual who injects Restylane at our Yorkville clinic. Our Clients deserve the best results possible, and knowing that they have the one-on-one attention of a facial plastic surgeon ensures the best Restylane effects possible. With Dr. Torgerson’s qualifications and skills, patients will always have the benefit of the latest and safest Restylane injection techniques. Because of his keen eye for beauty and his artistic skill, Dr. Torgerson is invited regularly to present and teach other medical personnel about the latest innovations.
Are the Restylane treatments uncomfortable?
The injections are very tolerable, and each syringe comes with a product called Lidocaine within it. Lidocaine is an excellent numbing agent that helps freeze the area, making the procedure comfortable and easy. Patients can also choose to have an additional topical numbing cream put on top of their skin about 10 minutes prior to treatment if they would like.
Does a Restylane treatment take up a lot of time?
Restylane dermal filler is a wonderfully easy and quick treatment. Following a consultation with Dr. Torgerson, patients can decide on how many syringes of Restylane they would like to use and where the Restylane should be injected. *Depending on these factors, Restylane treatments typically last between 15 and 45 minutes. The results are immediately rewarding!*
What is the recovery time following a Restylane injection?
Following a Restylane injection, the recovery process is simple and generally depends on where the product was injected as well as how much Restylane was used. *Most clients return to their daily, normal activities. They are advised that they may experience the most swelling for up to 1 to 2 days after the treatment. For 7 to 10 days afterwards, slight swelling may remain but will typically disappear and is usually imperceptible.* Small bruises may also arise around the injection location, but they are simply covered with makeup or are scarcely noticeable. An option to diminish the possibility of slight bruising is to avoid any blood thinning products such as ginseng, vitamin E, or aspirin for one to two weeks before your Restylane dermal filler appointment.
How long will the Restylane treatment results last for?
Restylane outcomes usually last between 6 months and one year, depending on how quickly your body metabolizes the product and which area Restylane was injected into (i.e. lips last for the least amount of time since we are constantly moving them by talking and eating, which will break down the product faster). Please see our Dermal Filler page to learn about which dermal fillers are longer lasting as well as more general Injectable Filler information. Most clients return for their next injection before the product completely disappears to optimize the overall shape, look, and contour.
How much does a vial of Restylane cost?
For a prompt reply on what the most up-to-date cost of a Restylane syringe (also known as a cc or vial) is, please contact our office via phone, email, or by using the online form. The dermal filler procedures are charged depending upon the number of Restylane vials that are injected. Dr. Torgerson makes every attempt to offer his clients high-quality service and competitive pricing. Our office also hosts special pricing events a few times each year to offer clients even more exceptional pricing.
Is Restylane permanent?
No, Restylane is formulated from a hyaluronic acid base and therefore it is temporary. Our bodies already produce this sugar in our joints and eyeballs and will metabolize the Restylane just as it does that naturally-occurring hyaluronic acid within us. Restylane injections are extremely low-risk, and the product has a wide following of happy clients throughout North America.
What are the steps to scheduling a Restylane consultation with Dr. Torgerson?
First, you can contact our office to schedule a free consultation. We try our best to promptly respond to any emails or phone calls within 1 business day. After arriving for your Restylane consultation, Dr. Torgerson will privately discuss all the options involved when selecting a dermal filler as well as possible treatment areas. If you choose to proceed with the Restylane treatment after the consultation, the Restylane injections can be performed at the same. As mentioned, only the surgeon performs the injectable filler treatments. It is part of our commitment to high-quality standards and outcomes. Dr. Torgerson is known as a top injector, and patients appreciate the high quality of care we offer.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
- Teosyal – What Is It, and How Does It Work?
- Enhance Your Beauty by Preserving Facial Dynamism: Using Teosyal for Facial Rejuvenation
- What is a Liquid Facelift?
- Teosyal Redensity I Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Voluma Lift - By Dr. Torgerson
- Volbella - Lip Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Teosyal Redensity II
- Radiesse Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- The Best Ways To Treat Vertical Lines (Smoker Lines) Around the Mouth
- Popular Cosmetic Procedures For Men
- Everything You Need To Know About Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty (Nose Job)
- Teoxane Cosmeceuticals
- Teosyal Redensity I
- Teosyal Pen
- Top Health And Beauty Trends Of 2017
- 5 Surprising Facts about Dermal Fillers
- Which Dermal Fillers Are Best For The Cheeks?
- Types of Dermal Fillers
- Tips For Reducing Swelling & Bruising After Dermal Filler Procedure
- Perlane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Facial Fillers: Frequently Asked Questions
- Dermal Fillers And Jawline Contouring
- What’s Best For Crow's Feet And Facial Lines?
- Juvederm Toronto - Dermal Filler By Dr. Torgerson
- Why Choose Teosyal?
- Rich Face
- Why Different Fillers For Different Areas On The Face?
- Types of Injectable Fillers
- Dermal Fillers: Your Top 10 Questions About This Popular Anti-Aging Trend
- Dermal Fillers: A Secret Skin-Rejuvenation Weapon
- Teosyal Versus Juvéderm And Restylane
- V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster
- Potential Side Effects Of Teosyal Dermal Fillers
- What Is Teosyal Kiss?
- Selphyl Toronto
- Restylane Toronto - By Dr. Torgerson
- Which Dermal Fillers Work Best?
- Can Laser Resurfacing And Wrinkle Fillers Be Combined?
- What to Do After Lip Injections
- Best Lip Filler Treatment
- Reasons People Choose Dermal Filler
- The Lip Filler Phenomenon
- Lip Injections: Rise In Popularity
- Dermal Filler For Nasolabial Folds And Smile Lines
- Benefits of Injectable Fillers
- What are Perfect Lips?
- Facial Fillers: Know The Difference
- What Is The Best Injectable Filler For Under Eye Hollows?
- Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
- Teosyal RHA Dynamic Fillers
- Botox, Fillers, And Other Cosmetic Procedures For Skin Rejuvenation
- Fillers For Acne Scars: 10 Essential Facts To Understand
- What It's Really Like To Get Lip Injections For The First Time
- Facial Fillers in Your 20s, 30s, 40s, and Up
- Teosyal Ultimate
- Teosyal Ultra Deep
- Best Injectable Fillers in Canada
- Wrinkle Treatment
- What Are Teosyal Fillers?
- Do I Need A Facelift, Skin Tightening, Or Fillers?
- Risks Associated with Injectable Fillers
- Face the Facts – Top 5 Dermal Filler Facts
- Skin Rejuvenation With Dermal Fillers: Do’s And Don’ts
- Using Injectable Fillers To Rejuvenate Skin Non-Surgically
- About V2 Microneedling Beauty Booster Treatments with Redensity [l]
- Wrinkles and Fillers: Collagen And Other Types
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.