Fotona 3D Stretch Mark Reduction
Laser technology is a fascinating new arena for treatments that can remodel and resurface the skin on our bodies
The laser energy is delivered to the skin at varying degrees of depth and speed to initiate the production of new skin cells. Skin remodelling is an effective course of action for people who want to reduce superficial scars like stretch marks or acne scars. Stretchmarks are a common complaint for people who have experienced fast weight gain or pregnancy or who have skin that is prone to stretch marks. With lasers, people can now reduce and eliminate unwanted skin surface issues with laser procedures designed to remodel the skin.
Fotona 4D laser technology, gently resurfaces, rejuvenates the skin
Fotona Laser is a European brand that developed a machine that can emit 2 wavelengths under the same module, which can interchange the laser treatment settings to target many different types of skin conditions. Fotona is inventive in their research and has developed a wide range of body treatments. One of their treatments includes the use of the erbium YAG laser under the Super Long Pulse (SLP) Smooth Mode. This method of laser energy delivery gently generates heat underneath the skin without any ablation. The non-ablative qualities of Fotona’s erbium laser enable patients to experience more comfortable treatments while still receiving the benefits of a comparable treatment without the ablation.
Laser stretch mark removal treatments consist of 3 steps that target different depths of stretch marks within the dermis.
Step 1: Fotona Smooth Mode
The skin of the treatment area is treated with 4 passes of the Fotona laser in Smooth Mode. This stage begins the process of controlled thermal injury to the deeper layers of the skin. Smooth Mode laser energy is non-invasive, and it stimulates collagen production by initiating skin remodelling and skin tightening.
Step 2: Fractionated Laser
The stretch marks are treated with fractionated laser beams in this step of the treatment. Fractional laser causes fractionated dermal injury as it delivers heat precisely to the stretch mark lines and adjacent skin tissue. The stretch marks treated by this step of the treatment begin to remodel and smooth out over the next few weeks from the inside out.
Advanced laser technology for a great skin
Step 3: Skin Tightening
The third part of the treatment targets the larger surface of the treatment area. Thermal laser energy is delivered superficially to increase the production of collagen and elastin. This reduces laxity in the skin by inducing neocollagenesis.
What Are Treatments Like?
Treatments are generally well tolerated by patients. Numbing cream is applied to the skin prior to the treatment to help alleviate any heat or discomfort that patients may experience during any of the 3 steps involved in Toronto Fotona stretch mark removal treatments. Patients may experience sharp sensations like stinging during the second step of the treatment, and the final skin-tightening step can generate mild heat in the skin. Patients can expect their skin to feel like a sunburn for the next day or two.
How Many Treatments Are Required to See Results?
Fotona stretch mark-reduction treatments are prescribed as a scar-reduction program based on the patient’s stretch mark history, age, and other important factors that are considered when establishing a scar reduction treatment plan. Treatments are recommended every 2 to 3 weeks, with most patients requiring a series of about 6 treatments. Advanced medical-grade cosmetic products can substantially improve results with beneficial components to the healing and remodeling of the stretch marks on the skin.
Stretch marks can impact a person’s level of confidence in their body. Skin irregularities are not always something people have to live with. Great skin is attainable with the use of advanced laser technology to help restore and remodel the affected skin from the inside to the surface of the skin. If you are interested in reducing the stretch marks on your body, contact our office to schedule your complimentary consultation.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Fotona Laser Treatment
- What You Need To Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing With Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Lip Plumping With Fotona
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments With Fotona
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- Hot Vs. Cold
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2 : Upper Body
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1 : Head And Neck
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.