Fotona Laser Technology
Fotona laser systems are an industry leader in manufacturing aesthetic laser-based treatments for the face and body. Dr. Torgerson and his team are very excited to introduce this innovative system at his Toronto Cosmetic Laser Centre.
Fotona laser technology contains modalities that treat a vast variety of aesthetic treatments such as aesthetic procedures, surgical procedures, facial-rejuvenation treatments, gynecological applications, and body-contouring treatments. Fotona is a universal machine that can combine 2 laser modules: Nd:YAG, which is a non-ablative module that has the capacity of the deeper layers of the skin, and Er:YAG laser, which can eliminate surface irregularities. In addition to these two lasers, Fotona Dynamis Laser is newly innovated with the PIANO mode. This is an advanced mode of the Nd: YAG bulk heating system that delivers longer pulses of laser light into the body to efficiently remove surface imperfections and produce long-lasting, beautiful results.
What is Piano Mode?
PIANO Mode is an ultra-long pulse modality that enables the deep penetration of the Nd: YAG bulk heating while keeping the epidermis safe and comfortable.
What Is HotSculpting?
*HOTSCULPTING is a non-invasive body-contouring laser procedure that tightens and shrinks the skin on the body while reducing fat.* Body contouring with HotSculpting provides firming and tightening of the skin by delivering longer pulses of the Nd:YAG laser for bulk tissue heating in the subcutaneous cells that cause apoptosis of the targeted fat cells.
Then the Er:YAG SMOOTH mode is activated to deliver non-ablative laser into the skin. This promotes the stimulation of collagen, which improves skin laxity and elasticity in the treatment areas. *Together they can produce outstanding results for patients who want to reduce fat and rejuvenate their skin at the same time.*
How Does It Work?
HotSculpting works by inducing hyperthermic lipolysis and neocollagenesis in treatment areas. The dual-wavelength, non-invasive laser heats the tissue temperatures in controlled high temperatures at controlled depth settings for a short period. This reduces fat cells and tightens the surface of the skin without causing harm. The treatment entails raising the skin’s temperature to 42° to 45°C without burning the skin. Many plastic surgeons believe that the Dynamis laser system combined with the Piano and Smooth modes can be equally or even more effective than radio frequency technology for tightening and lifting the skin.
How Many Treatments Are Required?
The number of treatments depends on your desired results. For visible improvements, most people require eight 20-minute sessions about every 10 days. Patients should avoid direct sun exposure during and in between treatments and should take extra measures to moisturize the affected area liberally to ensure that the skin is well hydrated.
Who Is A Good Candidate?
Patients who are experiencing skin laxity due to ageing or weight reduction and women who have experienced childbirth are ideal candidates for HotSculpting. HotSculpting treatments can be paired with a diet and exercise program to produce outstanding results that can be similar to that of laser-lipo results . . . but without surgery.
Does It Hurt?
Several passes of the Dynamis in Piano mode will heat the deeper layer of the skin. The ideal treatment functionality maintains the temperatures on the surface without causing discomfort for the patient. The treatments are very well tolerated and have a very short period of associated downtime post-treatment. *If you are interested in reducing fat while tightening your skin with no surgery, no downtime, and with immediate results,* then contact Dr. Torgerson’s office to schedule your complimentary consultation for HotSculpting.
The First Step Of Your Journey Begins With A Conversation
We'll Get Back to You Within 1 Business Day.
Fotona Laser Treatment
- What You Need To Know About Fractional Laser Resurfacing With Fotona
- Piano Mode Laser Skin Tightening Treatments
- Lip Plumping With Fotona
- Ideal Laser Breast Lifting Candidates
- How Does Laser Breast Lifting Work?
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 3 : Lower Body
- Fotona TightSculpting
- Fotona Smooth Mode for Gynecology
- Do This Once A Week To Look Slimmer Fast
- Deep Fractionated Laser Treatments With Fotona
- HotSculpting Vs. SculpSure
- Hot Vs. Cold
- Bikini-Ready Body Treatments
- Non-Invasive Laser Body Contouring For New Moms
- Acne Scar Resurfacing For The Cheeks
- Know Your Non-Surgical Body-Contouring Options
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 1
- Laser Breast Lifting – FAQ – Part 2
- IntimaLase - Laser Vaginal Tightening
- 2D Non-Invasive Body Contouring
- Fotona RenovaLase – Vaginal Atrophy Laser Treatment
- Fotona IncontiLase Treatments for Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Reduce Rosacea With Fotona
- Fotona Laser Arm Lifting
- Fotona Piano Mode Laser Facial Rejuvenation
- Laser Brow Lifting With Fotona
- How To Contour Your Jawline With Fotona Laser Treatments
- Non-Surgical Neck Lift With Fotona
- Fotona Laser Treatments For The Hands
- Fotona Laser Skin Tightening
- Laser Neck Lifting With Fotona
- The Power Of Laser Face Lifting With Fotona 4D
- Head-to-toe Aesthetic Treatments - Part 2 : Upper Body
- Head-to-Toe Aesthetic Treatments – Part 1 : Head And Neck
- What Is Smooth Mode?
- Non-Invasive Facial Contouring Options For Upper Face
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 2
- HotSculpting FAQ Part 1
- Benefits Of Laser Face Lifting
- Laser Skin Rejuvenation With FRAC3
State-Of-The-Art Surgical Facility
Our facility offers a luxurious, comfortable and private setting for consultations and surgery with a waiting room that is both spacious and inviting. Although we hope you don’t have to spend too much time waiting to see Dr. Torgerson, within a few minutes you will feel relaxed and at ease.
*Disclaimer: Similar and/or permanent results are not guaranteed based on the treatment/procedure and may vary from patient to patient, based on multiple factors, including genetics and lifestyle of each patient.*
Please note that the Medicine Act, 1991, Part II: Advertising Regulations restricts and regulates advertising by physicians in Ontario. Compliance with these regulations restricts advertising and promotional content. Accordingly, the content of this website is intended for educational and informational purposes only, as the internet is an electronic information system and you are viewing this page unsolicited.
*If you require any further information to learn how our office is fully compliant with Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act, please contact us to connect with our Health Information Custodian.