In order to have a good facial, the first step is to find a qualified esthetician that brings with them years of experience. We’ve collected a few tips to keep in mind when searching for a knowledgeable esthetician:
- A good esthetician is passionate about skin health. They are gracious, welcoming and responsive.
- Complete cleanliness and sanitation are non-negotiable. Their workstation should be spotless and your esthetician should wash their hands before commencing treatment. If you see a dirty environment, that’s not a good sign.
- Your esthetician should ask questions in order to give you a professional facial that’s fully customized to suit your skin type and concerns.
- Look for a strong communicator, someone to guide you through the treatment process before, during, and after the procedure. A great esthetician will also make the process relaxing, and follow your lead in all aspects of conversation.
- They should also ask about your home skin-care habits and provide impartial advice on how to maintain your skin between facial treatments.
- If you have a skin problem that requires attention from a medical doctor or dermatologist, a good esthetician will let you know.
A monthly facial is not enough to keep your skin clear and beautiful. If you’re looking to transform your skin, daily action is required. Here are everyday habits to help improve your overall skin health:
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of fruits, vegetables and leafy greens. Good nutrition is the basic building block for healthy skin.
- Drink plenty of water each and every day.
- Cut out skin-damaging habits like smoking, excessive drinking, tanning booths and excessive sun exposure.
- Find an experienced esthetician by asking friends and doing your own research. Then work with her (or him) on a regular basis to achieve your skin care goals.
- Get a professional facial to deep clean your skin and review your product choices at least four times a year, as the seasons change.
- Throw away the soap and use quality products that are right for your skin type. Discuss your home skin-care routine with your skin care specialist.
- If you can’t afford all the skin-care products right away, ask which are most important to start. You can invest in additional products as you go.
- Give yourself a home facial as often as once a week.
- Wear sunscreen, even on cloudy days and in the winter. Use a medical grade SPF, full-spectrum sunscreen. Sun damage is the single most important cause of premature aging.
- Remember to put sunscreen on exposed areas like the back of your hands, neck and chest. They’re often the first place to show your age.
When I first came to Q Esthetics, my skin was bumpy and patchy, I had too many clogged pores to count and the hyperpigmentation on my forehead (which bothered me the most) was getting darker by the day.
After trying countless amounts of products and not getting anywhere, I was fed up and decided it was time to consult the experts. During my first consultation with Marcela she was so friendly and eager to help. As a student, I didn’t have much of a budget to work with and was never really one for following skin care regimes, but she helped me with a plan that fit. She recommended the Obagi Nu-Derm line and guided me through it every step of the way. When I called with questions (and I had many) she and the receptionist were always there to help.
It’s been four months and the results have been better than I could have ever expected. I have dark skin and over the years it had become much darker and uneven. My skin is now brighter, clear and even. I was embarrassed about my skin for years and now I’m not only getting compliments but my friends are all asking me for skin care tips and I of course recommend them to Q Esthetics.
Thank you so much.
Eva R. from Toronto – Skin Care (Jan. 2012)
Get radiant skin by clearing unwanted pigment and blood vessels!
Stop covering and concealing your skin imperfections—and get back to the clear,
youthful skin you desire, quickly, easily, and with minimal downtime. It’s possible with photorejuvenation – an advanced treatment that helps clear undesirable pigment and vessels from your skin, revealing clearer skin that you’ll be proud to show off.
Photorejuvenation is the nonsurgical approach to skin renewal that can transform your looks for the better — and it lets you return to your normal activities right away.
Pulses of light make all the difference, because they target pigment and vessels in your skin without harming surrounding tissue. The result? You feel little to no discomfort during the procedure, and your skin can look and feel better than ever.
Choose fast, easy, comfortable photorejuvenation to improve::
Get back your youthful glow without surgery or downtime!
Have you experienced the difference at Q Esthetics laser clinic? We would like to invite you to share your Q stories of hope, refreshment, comfort or excitement. We will find inspiration in your stories and believe many others will as well. Even if you tell us your downside stories about us, we can’t wait to hear from you, because we believe your stories and comments will make everybody’s future experience at Q Esthetics better and better. Thanks in advance!